SOCIAL INSURANCE E-GOVERNANCE (IDIKA) – ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION SYSTEM
IDIKA S.A. is an IT service provider, supervised by the Ministry of Labor & Social Insurance. Its mission is to provide comprehensive, high-quality IT and communication solutions that support the effective operation of social insurance and health care institutions and customer service by providing up-to-date electronic services and information.
In this context, IDIKA assigned to OTE and BYTE – following an international open tender – the deployment of a comprehensive electronic prescription system that would record and check doctor visits, prescriptions and medical releases, and also handle their processing and payment.
- Modernize the national health care system with the help of IT and communications technology
- Promote health care services and facilitate the public
- Provide transparency in health care and effective control of prescriptions, and help reduce expenses
- Ensure the collection of reliable statistics for the operation of the pharmaceutical and health care system
- Reduce the cost of primary health care
- Unify all national social insurance funds (connection and interoperation)
- Provide upgraded scientific support to health care professionals
Byte’s partnership with OTE
- The electronic prescription system was delivered fully functional.
- The necessary hardware (tokens) with the required digital certificates for user authentication were provided by Byte’s own Trust Center.
- The system was designed to be compatible with the electronic health care program for the European citizens, epSOS “Smart Open Services”.
- The disaster recovery system worked successfully.
- The system is being used by approximately 60,000 health care professionals (doctors and pharmacists).
The deployment benefited not only the patients and the health care professionals, but all involved parties.