The wide range of complex and demanding projects that Byte has designed and deployed for different customers in the private and public sector is the strongest evidence of its competitive advantage. Our customer satisfaction stories attest to the innovative design, the groundbreaking combinations of specialized solutions, the flexibility, the effectiveness and the consistently high quality that characterize all of our partnerships.
ONASSIS CULTURAL CENTER - DEPLOYMENT OF SAP BUSINESS ONE
Onassis Cultural Center is a cultural hub that promotes theater, dance, music, visual arts and education. Its mission is to promote modern culture, support Greek creators, educate children and train people of every age, in an open and fully accessible environment.
- Support the rapid development of the company in all business areas
- Unify interdepartmental processes
- Introduce approval, user authorization and data ownership security steps
- Optimize the flow of information sent to and received by all company departments
- Manage goods and assets
- Update per business unit
- Global financial management
Why SAP & BYTE
- A fully-featured product provided by the leading company in the enterprise software market
- Low-risk deployment thanks to the company's experience in deploying projects of the same, or even greater, difficulty
- Easily scalable system features to cover the customer's needs
- Secure investment, as SAP continuously invests in SAP Business One, extending it and adding the most up-to-date functionalities
- Ability to choose a trustworthy deployment partner (Byte Computer) that always delivers the desired results, thanks to their profound knowledge and the product's localization
Here are a few comments from our customer's executives:
|"...The business and service environment of Onassis Cultural Center is especially complicated. SAP Business One allows us to operate effectively both in terms of monitoring financial data and inventory, and designing and completing our cultural activities. The system is easy to manage and use, and meets all our requirements..."
||"...We were looking for a flexible program to monitor our financial data, that would also enable us to introduce quality factors to our metrics. This is the reason we chose SAP Business One.."
Financial & Administration Director
SOCIAL INSURANCE E-GOVERNANCE (IDIKA) - ELECTRONIC PRESCRIPTION SYSTEM
IDIKA S.A. is an IT service provider, supervised by the Ministry of Labor & Social Insurance. Its mission is to provide comprehensive, high-quality IT and communication solutions that support the effective operation of social insurance and health care institutions and customer service by providing up-to-date electronic services and information.
In this context, IDIKA assigned to OTE and BYTE - following an international open tender - the deployment of a comprehensive electronic prescription system that would record and check doctor visits, prescriptions and medical releases, and also handle their processing and payment.
• Modernize the national health care system with the help of IT and communications technology
• Promote health care services and facilitate the public
• Provide transparency in health care and effective control of prescriptions, and help reduce expenses
• Ensure the collection of reliable statistics for the operation of the pharmaceutical and health care system
• Reduce the cost of primary health care
• Unify all national social insurance funds (connection and interoperation)
• Provide upgraded scientific support to health care professionals
Byte's partnership with OTE
• The electronic prescription system was delivered fully functional.
• The necessary hardware (tokens) with the required digital certificates for user authentication were provided by Byte's own Trust Center.
• The system was designed to be compatible with the electronic health care program for the European citizens, epSOS "Smart Open Services".
• The disaster recovery system worked successfully.
• The system is being used by approximately 60,000 health care professionals (doctors and pharmacists).
• The deployment benefited not only the patients and the health care professionals, but all involved parties.
WEST GREECE ADMINISTRATION - ELECTRONIC PRODUCT BASKET
The West Greece Administration has taken the innovative political decision to create a competitive nutrition standard, based on identification, quality and sustainability. In the context of this policy, Byte was called - following an open tender - to deploy the "Product basket" project, that is a production and nutrition map including characteristic local products, such as:
• Special local products based on the powerful identity and name of the district
• Common local products based on specific production methods
• Certified products, the quality and name of which are mostly based on their origin
• Enhance agricultural production and livestock farming
• Product competitiveness and certification
• Connect production with processing
• Enhance exports
Byte designed and developed an online platform, as well as specialized electronic services (portal, price observatory, geo-information map, interactive mobile applications, online agricultural magazine, online auction portal for agricultural and fish farming products), to represent the local agricultural and processed products of Western Greece, as well as the primary and secondary production units and institutions for collective action.
Furthermore, Byte provided and installed the necessary hardware and software, handled the pilot and regular operation of the infrastructure, trained users and administrators, and completed several promotional and publicity activities.
Producers and processors can now describe and promote their products, while users (consumers) can get information on the basket's products (production date and location, available quantity, price, seasonality, packaging, etc.).
The "Electronic Basket" is not just a place to promote local products; it also provides interaction by creating a two-way relationship between producers / processors and consumers.
NATIONAL DOCUMENTATION CENTRE / NATIONAL HELLENIC RESEARCH FOUNDATION - COMPUTER EQUIPMENT
The National Documentation Center has the necessary e-infrastructure for organizing, managing, storing and maintaining the digital scientific, research and cultural reserves of our country. The existing system e-infrastructure is based on virtualization technologies and handles at least 50 TB of valuable information, with more than 4.5 million pages of Greek digitized content, approximately 1,000,000 metadata records and collective lists, hundreds of thousands of people visiting the Center's online services and many millions of page views per month, hundreds of videos on educational, scientific and informational events and dozens of digital repositories, libraries, online magazines and research and technology databases.
This infrastructure is installed at the Center's modern data center, hosted in the premises of the National Hellenic Research Institution, which is a reference point in Greek reality since - apart from the e-infrastructure belonging to the National Documentation Center - it hosts the Hellas Grid "Athena" infrastructure and the GEANT, PITHOS and ViMA nodes of GRNET S.A., in a specially configured, independent area. This data center is equipped with the necessary systems for access control, fire detection / fire fighting, remote climate conditions monitoring and uninterrupted power supply, a generator set, Green IT features, etc.
The goal of the "National Information System for Research and Technology / Social Networks - User-Generated Content" project is to provide the necessary infrastructure for organizing, searching, accessing and developing scientific content, as well as to provide IT and metrics exporting services for modern research activities through a series of electronic repositories and publications, digital libraries, interactive cultural systems and systems for exporting and presenting research metrics, at a large scale and with the required security, based on international best practices.
Following an international, open tender, Byte was awarded the provision, installation, configuration and support of all the necessary central computing, storage and networking systems, scale-out infrastructure, as well as the peripheral digitizing and support systems, for the provision of the agreed services at the required scale and security level, including the development of a disaster recovery and business continuity system, that entailed the development of a suitable, redundant, remote disaster recovery site.
THERAPY CENTER FOR DEPENDENT INDIVIDUALS - ELECTRONIC SERVICES
The Therapy Center for Dependent Individuals was established in 1983 and its goal is to inform, motivate and prepare people, and provide therapy - rehabilitation services, social integration services, family support consulting services, support services for imprisoned addicts, street work, educational and training services and consulting services over the phone (line 1145).
• Fight addictions by developing services that take advantage of the latest digital technology
• Approach a significant amount of people (young people, families, health care professionals, teachers, students, people living in remote locations or islands, etc.) with the help of the provided digital services and inform them on issues of social integration, family consulting, etc.
• Enable more than 1,300,000 students from elementary schools and high schools, as well as their teachers, to use telematic services for prevention and consulting purposes
• Enable executives to utilize data related to research and higher education with the help of e-learning services and electronic delivery of information
• Provide consistent training to health care professionals through e-learning services
• Provide electronic transaction services to more than 4,500 persons per year, and their families that amount to more than 2,500
The main project
• Plan, design and provide the necessary hardware and software for the main data center (WEB - application - database servers, firewalls, routers, switches, storage area network, tape system, system / infrastructure software)
• Provide peripherals (workstations, printers) and install the required structured cabling
• Provide teleconference centers, mainly featuring audio and video conferencing and data conferencing
• Digitize approximately 50,000 memberships, corresponding to 500,000 pages, and registering approximately 1,000,000 scanned form fields
In collaboration with the project partner:
• Develop electronic services for the purpose of upgrading customer service and communication between the Therapy Center of Dependent Individuals and its external environment, and introduce 3rd and 4th level e-governance services enabling electronic transactions and automating the relevant business operations
ARCHBISHOPRIC OF ATHENS - IT INFRASTRUCTURE
The Archbishopric of Athens, apart from religious acts, is also involved in big-scale charity, social, guidance, cultural and other purely administrative activities.
The business plan of the Archbishopric of Athens is focused on implementing horizontal and scalable projects that can then be utilized by all the church institutions consisting the Church of Greece.
• Enhance the availability, performance and security of the church administration IT systems
• Scale economy by reducing the total cost of ownership, as well as the cost of using and managing the hardware
• Improve the productivity of the church administration personnel by supporting church institutions
• Improve interoperability and interconnectivity of the hosted IT systems and, consequently, facilitate the implementation of added-value digital services addressed both to the church institutions and the public
• Support all the other e-governance projects during their initial deployment stage, as well as throughout their operation and for any future expansions
Following an international, open tender, Byte undertook to:
• plan, design and provide the necessary hardware and software for the main data center of the Archbishopric of Athens, so as to enable the provision of IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) services, and
• provide and install the hardware to be used by the institution's end-users and also 400 more remote users who handle regular tasks, so as to have access to the new IT systems
In particular, our company deployed the necessary infrastructure for the new data center (space configuration, structured cabling, electric installations, air conditioning, access control, fire detection/fire fighting systems, etc.), provided and installed the main hardware and software (31 servers - 206 cores, SAN - 84 TB, backup, racks, UPS, networking, OS, virtualization software, antivirus), and also provided and installed the peripherals for the main site and the pilot sites (PCs, printers, scanners, plotter).
Finally, Byte provided system analysis, design, deployment and documentation services, training services for the administrators of the main infrastructure, and support services for all deliverables based on the agreed SLA.