Request Form for Remote Qualified Digital Signature Certificate
In order to apply to BYTE to issue and then to deliver to the applicant a remote Qualified Digital Signature Certificate, the following procedure is followed, noting that for large organizations with many users the process can be tailored to organization needs.
This process is required by the current regulatory framework of Greece and the European Union for the identification of the owner/holder of Qualified Digital Certificates. The steps are as follows:
1) Submission to BYTE of the Application/Order Electronically (from the website) or by e-mail (after downloading the application and filling it out) or by any other appropriate means.
2) Payment to BYTE, noting that the cost of each certificate depends on the numbers of certificates (e.g. large organizations with many users) and the duration of the certificate (1 to 3 years). For details, see the attached Payment Instructions.
3) In order to Issue a Qualified Digital Certificate it is required that the person (owner) or certificate holder to be physically identified (authentication). If the person is not available, another person with legal authorization can do it.
The applicant requesting the Certificate (or subscriber according to the relevant terminology) or third legally authorized person, should have and submit:
- i. A signed certified copy of a valid identity document (e.g. Police ID, Military ID, Passport, etc.) of the applicant (and similarly of the person legally authorized, if the applicant is not in person). See relevant form.
- ii. Completed and signed Application form (acting as a purchase order) dully signed/notarized. See relevant application form.
- iii. Signed copy of the Subscriber Contract Terms (on each page), which can be printed as well
Once the above procedures have been successfully completed and confirmed, the Qualified Certificate is issued. It is activated and a relevant SMS with an initial PIN is send by BYTE to the applicant/owner/subscriber, as well as a link with simple instructions to install the device drivers.
Note that for Remote Signing the private keys are stored in one of BYTE’s Hardware Security Modules (HSM) acting as TSP (Trust Service Provider). HSMs are Hardware Secure Certificate Storage Devices and these certificates are available only by remote users (subscribers) in a safe way via two-level authentication techniques (such as user name credentials – password and one-time password on smartphone).
The BYTE Qualified Certificate Issuance process may take 2-3 days, if the supporting documents are sent by courier or half an hour in our offices.
We are at your disposal for any information you may need.